Thursday, February 17, 2011

Monday, Monday.

Can't trust that day.

Well, the cardiologist didn't have anything to tell me this week other than I should get a two week event monitor because the echocardiogram and the stress test were "normal" and the Holter monitor was "essentially normal". I have the automatic kind, which transmits a constant stream of heart data to a cell phone that I have to keep within 10 feet of my body. The phone transmits to a center somewhere the entire time I wear it. So, nothing is required of me other than putting it on properly, and mailing it back when I'm done. No fuss, no muss.

So, since the echo and stress tests came back a-okay, I'm allowed to exercise again! Hallelujah! I was almost through the entire Couch to 5K running program I started, so I intend to back track a bunch of weeks and get back on the wagon. Starting Monday.

I have never done well with things that "start on Monday." I do less well with New Year's resolutions, and this tied into my NYR for 2011 - to lose 11 pounds by June 22nd, the day my youngest - and last - daughter turns one. I think I still have, oh, about 11 pounds to go on that one. So, I better get to it. Starting Monday.

Hopefully the only reason you'll find me crying is from the pain in my legs from running.

No comments:

Post a Comment